COVID-19 - UPDATE
Pillar To Post – Taking care of your home inspection – Protecting your health
At Pillar To Post Home Inspectors, the health and safety of our customers is our highest priority. In response to the public health situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19), we are diligently monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and medical professionals to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to protect our customers. During this time, wherever possible, Pillar To Post remains open and committed to providing a best-in-class home inspection that helps clients turn a house into a home.
- If clients/agents do not feel comfortable attending the inspection, we will deliver the report and/or review the report by phone.
- We will reschedule the inspection if the inspector is showing signs of illness.
- We will clean our hands thoroughly prior to and during the inspection.
- We will keep a safe distance, not shaking hands or elbow bumping.
- Whenever possible, we will wipe down doorknobs, faucet handles and work surfaces.
- We will take all other prudent steps to protect our home inspectors, Realtors, our clients and homeowners from the spread of COVID-19.
We appreciate your trust during this challenging time. We will continue our mission of ensuring confident home ownership with a particular focus on the health and safety of all of our customers.
We have been assisting home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals with professional home inspections in the Miami Valley since 2000. We ensure a quality home inspection, covering all major items and components of a home, and our inspectors are qualified to inspect homes of all ages, types, and sizes. Our communication with our clients is always open and honest concerning the home condition, but we also work to put the findings in the proper perspective.
Experience in the Miami Valley Home Inspection Industry
- We have performed thousands of home inspections in the Miami Valley, and are well respected in the local home inspection industry.
- Our experience includes small single story dwellings up to large estates and mansions, as well as every size in between.
- Our home inspectors have experience with homes in almost every price range and degree of complexity.
- We work with the local real estate industry as well, not just home buyers and sellers.
- Local real estate agents refer clients to us because we protect their reputation by offering an excellent and thorough inspection and exceptional customer service.
Other Services We Provide
On top of the professional home inspection services that we supply there are added inspection services available to our clients. These include:
- Pre-Purchase Inspections for Buyers
- Pre-Listing Inspections for Sellers
- Wood Destroying Insect Inspection
- Radon Testing
- Mold Screen Inspection with Air Samples
Each home inspection will take between two and four hours on average, and a report that is comprehensive will be provided on site. The report includes color pictures of any concerns with the home, so customers can clearly see the findings and understand the concern in the right perspective. We encourage customer participation in the home inspection, and will take the time to answer all questions fully before, during, and even after the inspection is completed.
Community Involvement and Ties
As the local Miami Valley home inspector for Pillar To Post Mike Schray and his team are very active around the community, and heavily involved in the home inspection industry.
- Mike Schray is a Certified Real Estate Inspector.
- He is a Member of the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI).
- Mike Schray is a Licensed Radon Tester.
- He is Certified for Mold Sampling and Inspecting.
- Mike Schray holds a B.S. degree in Welding Engineering from Ohio State University
- He is a Certified Pillar To Post Home Inspector.
Nathan Kessler has been on our team for 8 years and is featured in the Dayton Daily News by celebrating his ‘dirty 30’ with a trash challenge.
What Our Customers Say
Our clients have a lot to say about the services that we provide. They tell us that our inspectors are knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Many have talked about the time our home inspectors spend on site, answering questions, addressing concerns, and explaining the findings of the inspection. Our customers really like the photos that are included in the report, because they say these pictures make it much easier to understand the details and see the actual cause of concern.
Realtors also refer clients to us for inspection services, and offer many reasons why they use us. Many Realtors say that our excellent customer service and thorough home inspection allows them to refer us without hesitation, because they know that we will not hurt their professional reputation in any way. Realtors also say that our professional and honest attitude gives their clients peace of mind. Our reports are very detailed, and cover many areas and items.